Registration Period for Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV) Lottery for FY 2021 to Open Soon!
September 26, 2019 Comment: 0
The DV lottery, through a randomized computer drawing, provides a specific number of permanent resident visas (“green card”) to foreign nationals of countries with historically low rates of immigration in the U.S. This means that for this fiscal year, up to 55,000 foreign nationals and their families will have the opportunity to obtain permanent residency in the United States.
Here are some new and important information you should remember about DV-2021:
- Entry period will start on October 2, 2019, Wednesday, and will run until November 5, 2019, Tuesday. Applicants must submit entries between noon Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on Wednesday, October 2nd, and noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Tuesday, November 5, 2019;
- There is no fee to submit an entry form;
- Results will be released 0n May 2020. Entrant Status Check will be available beginning May 5, 2020 through September 30, 2021;
- Valid, unexpired passport is now required from the principal entrant;
- Recent photographs of the applicants including family members. It is important to submit the right photo specifications which may be found in the instruction guide – DV-2021
- Applicants must meet the two key requirements before submitting their entries:
- First, the foreigner must have been born in qualifying countries. Natives from these countries are not eligible this period: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (mainland-born), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam.
- He or she also must have at least a high school diploma or its equivalent, or two years’ work experience over the past five years in an eligible field that requires at least two years of training.
Registration for DV-2021 is easy and done electronically. However, if you need assistance, please contact our office at (818) 849-5905. We will be happy to assist you.